Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Discovering New Things

Jaden and I started our second batch of Parent-Child Program two Saturdays ago. The first one was a very good experience and he bonded well with his "playmates".


His favorite activity

Above photos are taken by a friend, Tita Megs


The photo was taken by the mother of the little lady wearing a blue shawl :) They were role playing and they have this colorful shawl to distinguish their character.

When we got back for the second batch, he was very excited and so was I. I was excited for him to meet new faces but I think I was expecting some reaction from him as well. There are four of them in the first batch and he was the only boy. He was so used to being with the other three that he enjoys being with them. When we got back two Saturdays ago, of the three girls, only one was left. Now we have four new faces. Usually, whenever we arrive at school, he would go on his own and play with the sandbox immediately. After seeing the new faces, he stopped and he just stands there observing everyone else. I have to set the mood for him. I pointed out his new playmates and gave him his shovel and bucket.

I guess he was adapting to the new friends. Now there are three boys and three girls in his class. After two Saturdays, he is starting to love his new playmates and get used to the atmosphere as well of having two more running around, sharing the toys and everything.



Photo credits to Tita Jorv, the founder of the school. You can visit her blog HERE :)
I guess I could say this is a welcome change. I want him to experience new things and be able to adapt to different kind of people. He may not be able to adapt immediately at least I know that he knows when changes occur. I think it is a good thing to make them experience change and stir them away from their routines once and a while, they discover new things and you learn new things from them as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment