Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What My Toddler Reads

When Jaden was 6 months old, I started reading to him. I am a bookworm and I want my child to love and appreciate books as much as I do. I really hope he grows up needing books more than toys. There is a lot of picture books to choose from whenever I visit a bookstore that I ended up buying nothing for him. I know it's funny but I know a good book when I see one. I wanted him to see good illustrations and a wide vocabulary of words in his book. There are sets of books that features certain objects or animals more than once which I think is unnecessary. A picture book contains only a few pages so might as well put unique words in each one. His first book was a gift from my husband's aunt.

The Story of Christmas By Patricia A. Pingry
I was able to teach him how to pray through this book. There's an illustration of Mother Mary praying and he was quick to imitate. He loves the camels, the Christmas Tree and the stars :)

First Steps By Sterling
This is the most overused of all his books. He loves this set and I searched for months for the second set which contains The Alphabet, Fruits, Opposites, Transport, Baby Animals and Shapes but every bookstore is out of stock.

First Words By Charles Reasoner
I love this book. I love the size and the pictures. Jaden loves vehicles in any forms and sizes, I guess all little boys do :)



Because I couldn't find the second set of his First Step books, I decided to buy these books so he could have new ones. He finds it hard to recognize colors, he's only 18 months old but I'm proud that he knows a lot of animals, objects, action words, vehicles and even numbers. The Winnie the Pooh Senses book, my mom bought while we were vacationing in Singapore.


This is a very nice book because it has these animal buttons where you can press and hear certain animal sounds. It's very interactive and the illustrations are great too! It was given by my mom's friend in Singapore and so far, this is his biggest book :)

It's a good thing to train them early so they will get used to it and reading will become a part of their lives. It could broaden the imagination and it could take you to lots of places!

“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” — Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment