Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dandruff problem SOLVED!

Last quarter of 2009, I went to Manila for 6 months to do my on-the-job training. I stayed with my Tita and Tito in Cavite with their 3 cute boys. My job was very tiring and it starts at 8 in the morning until 5 but because we were rushing the reports, I usually go home at 9 or 10 in the evening, sometimes even midnight.

My life there in Manila was a blur. Work, work, work and more work. I have no time to go shopping, nor to buy my own groceries. I give my Tito money for my monthly groceries and he buys everything I need including my shampoo. I never had any problem with my hair so I use whatever shampoo they uses. After a few months, I noticed that my scalp are drying up. Either my hair's not compatible with the shampoo or Manila is just way too hot compared to my hometown.

I didn't get to address the issue until I was done with my OJT and boy, was it worse!!! I tried all kinds of anti-dandruff shampoo for a few months but nothing worked for me. My scalp itched and white particles "dandruff" are appearing after brushing my wet hair.

I tried the old-days method. I rubbed kalamansi or lime onto my scalp, let it rest for 30 minutes then I rinse it off with an anti-dandruff shampoo. No improvement! Plus I don't like the smell. After the lime, I tried coconut oil and still no improvement. Worse, my hair smells like day old coconut.

I went to the salon to the salon and tried their hair spa which according to them helps treat dandruff. My scalp was feeling cool and my hair was lighter but after a few days, I noticed the dandruff is back!

I stopped using any conditioner and I rinse immediately after shampoo. I noticed, my scalp feels better when the the weather is colder, so it must have something to do with it.

After all the trial and error methods, I stopped trying until last month when we visited my mom in Singapore. Two days before going back to the Philippines, we bought pasalubongs for the family back home and I saw this miracle:





I did not get my hopes up, I bought one and tried it out, after 2 washes, I saw the difference. No more dandruff particles after brushing my wet hair.

Garnier Neril is a hair treatment shampoo for dandruff. It should be used at least 3-5 a week after using your regular shampoo. I bought this for $5 something. The only sad news is I don't find it here in the Philippines. So I just have to ask my mom to send me some :) If you have a pressing dandruff problem and you know anyone who can buy this for you, try it out. I'm not saying the result may be the same but when you have tried everything and all else failed, try Garnier Neril.

No comments:

Post a Comment