Monday, April 8, 2013

Food for Toddlers

Image Source: gladchildhood.blogspot.com
      When Jaden was 4 months old, I started introducing some solid food. I know they say you should start at 6 months but I think the baby should be given enough time to adjust to solid food. The first time, I mashed 2 small cubes of squash. I make him try little by little. I try potato and carrots as well. 



When I noticed that he loves them, I started buying Gerber by the time he was 5 months old. Why? I don't always have the time to process his food and Gerber is very good because the consistency of the fruits and veggies are so smooth. Indigestion is not good for baby so be careful in what u feed them. Also Gerber has more nutrients compare to preparing a single meal for the baby.He takes his Gerber once during lunch time.




When he was 6 months old, I switched to Cerelac. Much cheaper and more options to choose from. I also tried giving him little sips of Gerber apple juice and he was inlove with it. I really recommend giving your child fresh fruit juices because it helps prevent cold and other sickness, works for me :)



I gave him his Cerelac and Gerber juices until he was a year old. Aside from that, I feed him with our everyday food which I think he can chew and take. It was only when he was a year old that I started giving him solid food for dinner and I make sure I feed him 1-2 hours before bedtime to make sure he has enough time to digest his food. Never let your child sleep with a very full tummy.





When he was 15 months old, I stopped giving Cerelac and Gerber juices. He eats what we eat and I switched to Old Orchard's Organic apple juice. If possible, try to give your child organic food and drinks because it is way healthier. Now that he is almost 18 months, he eats almost everything. It is very satisfying to see when your child is a healthy eater so start when they are young. Also set a good example :) He loves to eat when he sees me eating as well.

Remember, a happy tummy makes a happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment