Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Say No to Diaper Rash

My son is turning 18 months on the 23rd of this month and I am proud to say that he never got any issues with rashes on his baby butt. And considering he has a very sensitive skin, that is quite awesome. I've been using Pampers diapers from Newborn size to Small to Medium to Large and now we are on Extra Large. I know it is quite pricey compared to other brands but after trying other brands, I got really disappointed of the usual leakage and the inside cotton of some easily disintegrates.

Photo taken when he was 6 months old.


So after every bath, here's what I do:

  • I wipe his baby butt carefully and air dry them for 5-10 minutes.
  • I apply BabyFlo Petroleum Jelly on the insides of his thigh and around the butt where the diaper lining is. I don't put so much especially when the weather is quite warm.
  • I put on his diaper and I make sure the linings are on the right side so he won't feel itchy. What is good with Pampers is they have this inner lining and the outer lining with the ruffles to prevent leakage.
  • One hour before his morning and night bath, I make sure to take off his diaper so his baby butt can have some air.
It is better to prevent diaper rash and spare our baby the pain of having rashes. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment