Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good For You: COFFEE

Image Source: www.fanpop.com
I started drinking coffee after giving birth. The stress of having a newborn and the all-nighter made me crave for it every morning. I don't know why I don't drink coffee before, I just can't be bother by mixing coffee, creamer and sugar into perfect mix. Now that the wonder of 3-in-1 coffees are so popular, I try every flavor available. I am breastfeeding so I researched before I started drinking coffee. For the first six months, I drink 2-3 cups a week. Now that he is 18 months old, I take my morning coffee and that's it for the whole day. If I feel like my body needed an extra sugar, I drink soda or juices. I know a lot of people consume much more than me. Coffee, if taken moderately, has a handful of health benefits.


  • Lowers the risk of heart problems and stroke
  • Coffee is good for your liver
  • Coffee helps you to be mentally alert



For pregnant women, you may not be able to get through the day without coffee before but it is better to stop consuming coffee while pregnant because you may not be aware of its effect on the baby. For breastfeeding moms, it is better to observe your baby everytime you drink your coffee. If you think he/she has certain reactions (fussy, sleeping problems and the sort), then I think it would be better to stop taking coffee. If you are unsure, I found a very good website where you can check on how much caffeine you are taking and how much is good for the baby.

Drinking coffee is not bad but too much is not good as well. Drink moderately :)


No comments:

Post a Comment