Thursday, April 18, 2013

Under the Weather and Orange Candle

Yesterday morning I started sneezing and I was very careful to cover my mouth every time because my little one is always beside me. I don't want him to catch whatever I have. More water and vitamin C was my first aid. In the afternoon I noticed my little one is sneezing more than usual so I made him take his medicine for allergy before going to bed to stop the sneezing and to stop it from getting worse. Last night my sneezing was not that often but I already have a clogged nose which is not a good sign, maybe because of the A/C. When I woke up, my voice does not sound so good and my nose is starting to get a little bit runny.

The only good news is that I don't feel any headache and I have no fever. I feel good except for my runny nose. I was searching for a good DIY air freshener to help me feel better when a friend shared this in Facebook.

Image Source: www.facebook.com/pages/Spice-Me-Up
Here's what to do:

  • Just take an orange/lemon/grapefruit and cut in half
  • Eat the middle portion but leave the center core-like stem intact.
  • Pour a kitchen oil (veg oil, olive oil, etc.) into orange just below the top of the stem.
  • Light stem. It will burn for hours and smell amazing.
Note: 

The orange has to be completely dry (air dry) if NOT it won't light at all.
The oil will affect the smell so use some aromatic oil if you want.

Precaution:
Don't leave the orange candle burning if you are going to sleep or stepping out of the room.
Place it in a crystal/glass stand, not wood and especially not paper or cardboard.
Fire in any forms is dangerous so always take great care.

I want to try this as soon as possible. It's also a good way to reuse those orange peel. What do you think? Let me know if you have tried this or if you tried before I did.