Friday, April 19, 2013

Here's to Women

I am a woman. I am proud to be a woman, a mother, a wife. I am proud that by being a woman, I have the power to create the future of this world.

Sometimes life gets you so down that you feel ugly, exhausted and unappreciated. As we get busy taking care of our child, cooking for our husband and cleaning the house, the world around us passes us by and we feel that we are out of touch.

Whether you are single or married, life is one constant battle for us woman. Life used to be about life, but now I see women all around and life for them is always making sure they are beautiful. Let me tell you this, YOU are BEAUTIFUL. You don't need all those make-ups, you don't need those fancy dresses and those expensive shoes. You were created beautiful. The belief that we are beautiful should come from us so others would view us the way we view ourselves.

Life used to be simple. Now we live in a world where we are judged by the brands of the clothes we wear, the make-up we used, the size of our waistline and our chest. The society painted this image of what is beautiful and if we don't belong in that category, we feel bad about ourselves. Either we alter ourselves to fit in or we hide in our shell.

Here's a video from Dove and I feel that every woman should see it.


I cried when I saw this video. Sometimes I feel ugly too but I'm thankful for my husband and my son for always reminding me that I am beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment